MV-105, Power Cable, 25 KV, 3/C, Cu/EPR/Cts/CPE (ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC71/UL 1072)
UL Listed as MV-105. True Triple extrusion system and closed handling raw materials system, to eliminate any contact with ambient, until extrusion process ends.
Primary power and distribution circuits in industrial and commercial installations, power circuits in generating plants where line to ground fault current are within shield capabilities. May be used in wet or dry
locations, installed in raceways, duct, and open air, aerially or directly buried as permitted by NEC.
UL 1072: Medium Voltage Power Cables.
ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74: 5 kV - 46 kV Shielded Power Cables.
ICEA S-97-682: Standard for Utility Shielded Power Cables Rated 5 kV - 46 kV.
AEIC CS8: Specification for Extruded Dielectric, Shielded Power Cables Rated 5 kV- 46 kV.
Maximum operating voltage: 5 kV to 25 kV 100% and 133% IL
Maximum conductor operation temperatures: Wet and dry locations, Normal: 105°C, Emergency: 140°C, Short Circuit: 250°C
1. Conductor: Soft annealed uncoated copper compacted Class B per ASTM B496 or hard drawn Aluminum-1350 compacted Class B per ASTM B400.
2. Conductor Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
3. Insulation: Thermoset ethylene propylene rubber (EPR). On request, Amorphous EPR.
4. Insulation Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
5. Metallic Shield: Soft annealed tinned copper tape, 5 mil thick, 25% minimum overlap.
6. Grounding (Optional): One or three tinned copper or covered conductors cabled with phase conductors.
7. Assembly: Conductors cabled with non-hygroscopic fillers, as required and binder tape.
8. Jacket: Black sunlight resistance and flame retardant chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) compound.
|100% and 133% Insulation Levels (90 mil)|
|Size||Number of Strands||Conductor Nominal||Jacket Thickness||Approximate Outside Diameter||Approximate Net Weight|
|AWG of kcmil||in||mil||in||lb/kft|