MV-90, Power Cable, 5 KV, 3/C, CU/EPR/CTS/PVC (ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC71/UL 1072)
UL Listed as MV-105. Rated as Sunlight Resistance for CT use, 1/0 AWG and larger. Oil Resistance I jacket. True Triple extrusion system and closed handling raw materials system, to eliminate any contact with ambient, until extrusion process ends.Application
Primary power and distribution circuits in industrial and commercial installations, power circuits in generating plants where line to ground fault current are within shield capabilities. May be used in wet or dry locations, installed in raceways, duct, and open air, aerially or directly buried where permitted by NEC.Standards
UL 1072: Medium Voltage Power Cables.
ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74: 5 - 46 kV Shielded Power Cables.
ICEA S-97-682: Standard for Utility Shielded. Power Cables Rated 5 - 46 kV.
AEIC CS8: Specification for Extruded Dielectric, Shielded Power Cables Rated 5 - 46 kV.Specifications
Maximum operating voltage: 5 kV to 35 kV 100% and 133% IL.
Maximum conductor operation temperatures: Wet and dry locations: Normal: 105 °C, Emergency: 140 °C, Short Circuit: 250 °CEngineering Information
1. Conductor: Soft annealed uncoated copper compacted Class B per ASTM B496 or hard drawn Aluminum-1350 compacted Class B per ASTM B400.
2. Conductor Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
3. Insulation: Thermoset ethylene propylene rubber (EPR). On request, Amorphous EPR.
4. Insulation Shield: Semi conducting cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
5. Phase ID: Colored strings (black, red and blue yarns.)
6. Metallic Shield: Soft annealed uncoated copper tape, 5 mil thick, 25% minimum overlap.
7. Grounding (Optional): One or three soft annealed bare copper or covered conductors cabled with phase conductors.
8. Assembly: Conductors cabled with non hygroscopic fillers, as required and binder tape.
9. Jacket: Black sunlight resistance and flame retardant polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compound.
|100% and 133% Insulation Levels (90 mil)|
|Size||Number of Strands||Conductor Nominal||Jacket Thickness||Approximate Outside Diameter||Approximate Net Weight|
|AWG of kcmil||in||mil||in||lb/kft|