Type SHD-GC, Mining Cable, Cu/Epr/CPE, 3/C, 2kv (ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58)
Meets all requirements of ICEA S-75-381. Reformulated compounds suitable for CV curing, developed to meet the high level of physical properties required in service.Application
For use with Bretby type cable handling devices on longwall machines and as Trailing cable on ac mining equipment where a ground check conductor is required for fail-safe ground monitoring. For use where induce voltages in grounding system will not produce a hazard. This cable is designed for use on low and medium voltage AC circuits where shielding is desired or required.Standards
ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC-58 Portable and Power Feeder Cables for Use in Mines and Similar Applications.Specifications
Maximum operating voltage: 2 kV
Maximum conductor operation temperature: 90 °C wet or dry locations under normal operating conditions.Engineering Information
1. Phase, Grounding and Ground Check Conductors: Soft or annealed tinned coated copper conductor, rope lay flexible stranding per ASTM B172 or bunched stranding per ASTM B174.
2. Conductor Separator: May be applied over the conductor.
3. Insulation: High quality, heat, moisture, ozone and, thermosetting ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) meeting ICEA S-75-381.
4. Insulation Shield: An overlapped semiconducting tape shall be applied over the insulation.
5. Ground Check: Thermosetting insulation yellow colored for identification.
6. Metallic Component: A composite fiber-copper braid shield, tinned coated copper wires, with colored fibers for phase identification (black, white, red).
7. Assembly: Phase conductors cabled together with nonhygroscopic fillers as required and a binder tape.
8. Jacket: Black heavy duty chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) compound, applied in one layer over a fibrous reinforcement layer.
|Phase Conductor Size||Number of Strands||Size of Each Strand||Nominal Insulation Thickness ||Ground Conductor Size||Nominal Outer Jackst Thickness||Maximum Overall Diameter||Approximate Total Weight|
|AWG or kcmil||AWG||mil||AWG||mil||in||lb/kft|